The Global Financial Crisis is not at all a financial crisis. It is a psychological “avoidance mechanism” to disguise the stupidity of so-called thinkers who neglected the basic ingredients of economic growth:
- Invention by not supporting the generative research of the R&D function;
- Innovation by narrowing the developmental effort to things like the power and speed of IT components;
- Investment by conspiring to redefine the function of finance from support to “the generation of wealth.”
Yes, the financial crisis is a “Crisis in Thinking.” Those who indulged in these degenerative activities would simply rather be “bailed out” than be exposed as stupid.
Indeed, these “overdetermined crises” took away all of our pride in the rights and responsibilities of enlightened citizenship, entrepreneurial enterprise, and collaborative cultural relating.
To be sure, all perpetrators converged to become what science labels “depressor variables” in “The Equation for Prosperity, Participation, and Peace:”
- The neutralization of Entrepreneurial Capitalism;
- The nullification of Enlightened Governance;
- The excavation of Cultural Relating.